Brownies are a favorite at my place. These brownies are the firm-kind, not gooey. I incorporated the recipe from Hersheys. Tried and tested, it’s my go-to recipe when I am looking to whip up some brownies quickly. They are a great gift as well 🙂 Happy holidays!
Unsalted butter – 1 cup
All-purpose flour – 1 cup
Unsweetened cocoa powder – 3/4 cup
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
Eggs – 4
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Chopped walnuts – 1/2 cup (optional)
Chocolate chunks – 1/2 cup (optional)
Brown Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius
- Grease a baking pan or line it with parchment paper and set aside
- Place the butter in a microwave safe bowl and melt by heating for about 2 minutes
- Mix in the sugar and vanilla extract once the butter cools down slightly
- Using an electric beater or whisk, add one egg at a time and combine till well-mixed
- Add sifted cocoa powder and mix well
- Stir in sifted flour, baking powder and salt
- Combine the walnuts and chocolate chunks with a teaspoon of flour and stir into the above mixture
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and bake for about 35 minutes
- Keep the pan on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely
1. You can use regular white sugar if you don’t have brown sugar. I use brown sugar as it makes the brownies more moist and rich.
2. If you don’t have walnuts, you can even use chopped almonds and cashew nuts.