This is yet another recipe I got from watching celebrity chef Ree Drummond’s cooking show on Food Network. It’s one of my personal favorites and a break from the usual chocolate cakes. You can find the original recipe here. Also, a great recipe to make this Thanksgiving.
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Vegetable oil – 1 cup
Eggs – 4
All-purpose flour – 2 cups
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Grated carrot – 2 cups
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the sugar, eggs and oil in a bowl
- Add flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda to the above mixture and mix until combined
- Add the grated carrots and mix
- Transfer the mixture into a baking dish and bake for around 50 minutes until done
Note: The original recipe calls for 2 cups of sugar. I reduced it to 3/4 cup and it tasted good. The original recipe also includes a cream cheese frosting which I left out.