Cranberry juice is my absolute favorite! But so far I have only always had the store-bought one which is artificially flavored. So since it is cranberry season here in the US, I wanted to make something using these beautiful berries. Instead of baking, I decided I should make juice! I looked through a few recipes online and saw most of them containing heaps of sugar. I wanted a reasonably healthy version and finally took inspiration from here. You can substitute honey with sugar or agave nectar and even increase the quantity as per your liking. It’s also the perfect drink to serve during the holidays! Enjoy!
Fresh or frozen Cranberries – 4 cups
Water – 4 cups
Honey – 1/4 cup
Orange juice – 1/4 cup
Lime juice – 2 tbsp
- In a saucepan, add the cranberries and water and bring to a boil
- Lower the heat, and allow to cook for about 25 minutes
- You will hear the berries pop and reduce down
- Turn off the heat and pass the mixture through a strainer. Do this in small quantities so as to avoid getting pulp
- Add lime juice, orange juice and honey, and mix
- Allow the juice to cool before refrigerating
- Serve this juice as is, or use it in a cocktail!