This is a no-cook energy snack that can be prepared in minutes. It is a good way of including dates and nuts into your diet and can very well fulfill your sweet cravings. You can pack this as a snack for your kids or stash them up in your office desk and pop one when hungry. This is one recipe where you can vary the proportions of the ingredients to your liking.
Dates – 20
Raisins – 1/2 cup
Almonds – 1/2 cup
Walnuts – 1/2 cup
Semi-sweet chocolate chips/
grated chocolate – 1/4 cup
Shredded unsweetened coconut – 1/3 cup (optional)
- Coarsely grind the almonds and walnuts in a food processor or a mixer
- Add the chocolate chips/ grated chocolate and coconut and pulse few more times. Transfer to a mixing bowl
- Coarsely grind the dates and raisins in the food processor. Add them to the nuts
- Mix all the ingredients well and roll them into medium sized balls
- Transfer to an air-tight container
Tip: Instead of adding the chocolate chips to the date and nut mixture, you can melt them with a couple teaspoons of olive oil and dip the balls in them and let them dry on a sheet of parchment paper before transferring to a container.