It was one of those days when you would return home from work starving. I had some leftover sweetened condensed milk from making carrot halwa the other day and was wondering how can I put it to use with what was available in my pantry and something that can be quickly prepared. I came across this recipe here and didn’t think twice before trying it out. I have made slight variations to the proportions, with an intention of making it less fattening ;).
Unsalted butter, softened – 1/2 cup
Sweetened condensed milk – 1/2 cup
All-purpose flour – 1.5 cups
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Chocolate chips – 1/3 cup
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- In a bowl, mix together the butter and condensed milk
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt and add to the wet ingredients
- Mix until well combined. Use your hands if needed to roll into a nice dough
- Add the chocolate chips and knead just enough to mix them
- Roll them into little balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes
- Remove the cookies on to a cooling rack and allow to cool before serving or transferring to an air-tight container
Tip: This cookie resembles a shortbread cookie in terms of texture, softness and taste. You can increase the butter quantity as in the original recipe to get a crispier texture.