It’s hot and sweaty where we live, bang in the middle of summer. And slices of watermelon are a welcome relief! Nevertheless, this salad is a good one to have for lunch or dinner.
Watermelon, chopped – 2 cups
Arugula – 2 handfuls
Feta cheese – 2 tbsp
Lime juice – 2 tsp
Extra virgin olive oil – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
- Whisk together the olive oil and lime juice and set aside
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and pour in the above liquid mix
- Serve immediately
Note: You can play around with the quantity of ingredients as per your taste.
– You could even add chopped almonds or walnuts to the salad.
– If you do not have extra virgin olive oil, you can use regular olive oil.
– Feta cheese adds a lovely saltiness to the dish. But if you can’t find any, use grated parmesan or pecorino.